As a result of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and current national lockdown, Rathbone continues to adjust the way we work in response to regularly reviewed and updated rules and advice from the UK government.
Our services reflect the need for people to ‘Stay at home’ unless absolutely necessary, while our workers must continue to support people in their homes and in the community.
We currently have a number of staff off work with Covid-19 or self-isolating, while some service users are also unwell.
We will not be cancelling anyone’s support service. We will however be prioritising services to reflect risk and need. This means:
- Delivering only essential support to people
- Delivering shorter support sessions where possible, so we can see more people
- Prioritising support for service users who live alone and are more vulnerable
- Asking support workers and service users to reduce use of public transport as much as possible
- Encouraging service users to wear face masks during sessions, wherever possible, and to follow government rules and advice
- Making effective use of telephone support
- Using vehicle-based support workers to respond to crises, and help with collecting and delivering essential supplies such as food and medication
The next phase of the pandemic is going to be very challenging for everyone. Lets work together to try and stay safe.
Thanks from all the team at Rathbone.