Yes digging is back! We are preparing the pumpkin and brassica bed for some transplanted plants which we re-potted last week..
Oh, and this time the post will be just me typing because we had no camera to take photo’s with…
So on with the day! On arrival, we got stuck in as usual with weeding our plot and raised beds, picking out the weeds and ensuring the plants we wanted there stayed safe from bindweed.
After this, we gave them a well deserved watering, and began on tidying the plot up, namely cutting the overgrown grass so the edges of the paths are visible.
This is important because there are a lot of uneven paths with some drops to the edges, so it is good to be able to see the paths properly. We all helped with this task.
Some of us dug and turned the soil on the pumpkin and brassica patches: you can’t see them, but they are looking good!
Others continued to maintain the paths by taking out material like grass tufts, stones and bumps which can be tripped over.
It rained a few times during our visit today, but everyone left in good spirits, and we are getting ready for planting out the pumpkins, squashes and peas next week!