Come Dine With Us is a community cooking group which focuses on preparing and cooking healthy, nutritious yet tasty food.
Every week we will be uploading new recipes which we have tried out and letting you know how they turned out for us.
The emphasis is on learning how to prepare healthier meals or low fat alternatives like these low fat blueberry and lemon cupcakes, which the group love to make because they are fun, easy and delicious!
This is a recipe from the Hairy Bikers who have designed some great low fat recipes:
- 200g self-raising ﬂour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 100g blueberries
- ﬁnely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 50ml sunﬂower oil
- – – –
- Lemon icing
- 100g icing sugar
- 4–4½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Line a 12-hole deep muﬃn tin with paper cupcake cases.
- Sift the ﬂour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl
- Stir in the sugar, blueberries and lemon zest. Make a well in the centre.
- Beat the eggs with a large whisk until smooth, then beat in the yoghurt, milk and oil until well combined.
- Stir the wet mixture into the ﬂour mixture with a large spoon until very lightly mixed.
- Then pour the batter between the paper cases. Bake in the oven for 16–18 minutes or until the cupcakes are well risen and golden brown. Transfer them to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- To make the lemon icing, mix the icing sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth and runny. Using a spoon, drizzle the icing over the cupcakes and leave to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.