(Female) Complex Needs Worker
Our Without Walls service needs to support men and women with learning disabilities, some of whom require personal care. Female users of the service can only receive personal care from female workers, and for this reason this specific vacancy is only open to female applicants.
- Full UK Driving licence and the ability to complete MIDAS training in order to drive a work vehicle
- The ability to complete and work according to specialist training designed to de-escalate and manage challenging behaviour
Overall Purpose: To work within a specialist team providing high quality 2:1 care and support to service users in the community, in accordance with each support plan and comprehensive risk assessment.
The individuals we support in this group use complex and challenging behaviour as communication. Some will try to hit, kick, bite, scratch and otherwise physically harm you and others. This is not ‘ordinary’ support work: it is more psychologically and physically intense. This role requires someone who fully understands how and why this type of work is demanding and different, and who has the skills and commitment to work in a professional team focused on understanding and reducing complex and challenging behaviour.
Hours of Work: 35 per week
Salary: £21,944.00 (£12.06 per hour)
Days: This service currently, largely operates during daytime hours, Monday to Friday, although this may change in the future.
Salary: £21,944.00 /year
Sessional Youth Workers
Hourly Rates: £11.20 (Qualified), £10.55 (Unqualified)
- Providing youth work and support to children, young people and young adults
- Organising and supervising activities, developing programmes, completing records and monitoring documents
- We work with mainstream young people and those with learning disabilities, Autism and some with behaviour which challenges. Please do not apply for this post if you are unable and/or unwilling to work with a wide range of young people with diverse needs.
Applicants must have the following:
- substantial experience in youth work
- demonstrable experience and ability to relate to young people involved in or at risk of being involved in crime and anti-social behaviour
- ability to work shifts including evenings and occasional weekends
- Youth work qualification level 3 or above
Rathbone is a Safer Recruitment employer. You will need to agree to pre-employment checks and an Enhanced DBS check before an offer of employment will be made.
Salary: £10.55 to £11.20 /hour